Exciting Job Opportunity
We have an exciting new vacancy for an experienced assistant architectural designer to work at our design studio in Surrey. If you are interested in this position, please send your CV, details of your salary expectations and any other supporting information, such as PDF examples of your work, by email to email@example.com.
The key responsibilities of this role will be:
- Producing CAD plans, elevations and 3D drawings. Strong CAD skills and experience are essential, and the ideal candidate will own CAD software. Vectorworks experience would also be an advantage.
- Researching and sourcing products. Experience of working in the interior design industry, and familiarity with the major suppliers, would be an advantage.
- Carrying out site surveys and taking measurements. This is usually done with two people, but occasionally may be carried out alone.
Other tasks will vary day-to-day, according to the stages of projects underway, and may include:
- Assisting with project installations.
- Manipulating images using Photoshop.
- Creating design/mood boards using PowerPoint.
- Liaising with suppliers, clients and contractors by email and telephone.
- Making product enquiries about price, stock availability, lead times, etc.
- Ordering samples of fabric, wallpaper, etc.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have good technical skills, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Photoshop.
- Be creative, friendly, patient and calm under pressure.
- Be numerate, accurate and highly organised.
- Be a confident driver with a full driving licence and own car.